There have been a number of quiet releases in Glimmer over the last month:
- Nested/indexed property data-binding
- SWT layout and layout data DSL
- SWT Color and Font DSL
- Ability to add Glimmer Custom Widgets
- SWT Browser widget support
- Automatic cleanup of data-binding/observers upon disposing a widget
- Easier SWT style syntax via GSWT class
- Inclusion of SWT library jars in Ruby gem
- Improved glimmer/girb commands for running on Windows/Linux/Mac
One more got added in the last release (0.4.8 Beta):
- New Glimmer Video Widget (not included in SWT)
You may learn more about these features in the README on the GitHub page:
Additionally, this elementary level educational game (Math Bowling) is an actual fully-fleshed-out Glimmer application that leverages all its latest features:
If you like the general ideas in Glimmer Beta and would like to contribute, please use in a small or low risk desktop UI project and report back issues, difficulties, missing features, and rooms for improvement. Your feedback can play a big part in shaping this open-source project.
Otherwise, as always, happy Glimmering!