Monday, June 22, 2020

Opal-Async Gem Maintenance Going Forward

Benjamin Titcomb has created a great gem for opal called opal-async. It provides async non-blocking capabilities for tasks and enumerators as well as timeouts, countdowns, and intervals in Opal Ruby. I recently used inside glimmer-dsl-opal to support the Glimmer message_box and async_exec keywords used in the Tic Tac Toe sample. Before using, I had to fix a very minor module namespace issue and publish officially on rubygems (used to be a GitHub gem only): https://rubygems.org/gems/opal-async

Otherwise, Benjamin transferred ownership of opal-async on GitHub to me, so I am the new maintainer of the opal-async gem going forward. Please report to me any issues you may encounter with it.

Below is an overview of what it does taken from its GitHub page.


No comments: