Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Glimmer DSL for LibUI Wins Fukuoka Ruby 2022 Special Award

(Update 2022-09-02: certificate of merit & direct letter by Matz added)

I am very happy to announce that Glimmer DSL for LibUI (Ruby Desktop Development GUI Library) has been judged directly by Matz (creator of Ruby) and the 2022 Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition Judges and has won a 

Fukuoka Ruby 2022 Special Award!






This is the highest honor I could ever dream of getting for any Ruby project! Let alone a project that was only 4 month old when it was presented!

First of all, I would like to thank Wayne Vucenic for encouraging me to apply at the Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition. Secondly, I would like to thank @kojix2 for building the LibUI Ruby bindings that Glimmer DSL for LibUI rests upon and for making the call for help to build an object oriented wrapper around his library that I ended up heeding with Glimmer DSL for LibUI. Next, I would like to thank @andlabs for creating the awesome libui C library that Glimmer DSL for LibUI leverages with its layered software architecture! Last but not least, I would like to thank Matz and the Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition Judges for giving me the opportunity to present Glimmer DSL for LibUI as a Fukuoka Ruby 2022 finalist!

Below is a quick summary of what Glimmer DSL for LibUI is all about, taken directly from the project page.

Happy Glimmering!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're doing a fantastic job of improving Ruby Desktop application efficiency; keep it up!. I'm glad you were able to overcome this adversity and emerge stronger than before; I value what you do for Ruby. Keep up the wonderful work.